1/4 Photos of Pecan Pie Cheesecake
2 hrs 20 mins
Claire #3's Note:
This is the recipe that won $100,000 in Southern Living's Annual 2002 recipe contest. Do you think it's worth $100,000???? I changed it a bit by baking it in a water bath and it is VERY smooth and creamy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (36 ounce) package frozen mrs. smith's special recipe southern pecan pie
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup domino granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection saigon cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 16 pecan halves
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Thaw pecan pie according to package directions.
- 3Cut evenly into 20 thin slices, keeping wedges intact, and set aside.
- 4Line the outside of a 10-inch springform pan tightly with foil.
- 5Stir together cracker crumbs and next 3 ingredients; press mixture onto bottom and 1 1/2-inches up sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 6Arrange 10 pecan pie wedges in a spoke design in prepared pan, placing 1 cut side of each wedge on crust with narrow end towards center of pan.
- 7Reserve remaining pecan pie wedges for another use.
- 8Beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 9Add sour cream, half-and-half, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- 10Fold in powdered sugar and flour.
- 11Carefully pour cream cheese mixture evenly over pecan pie wedges in pan, making sure wedges remain in place.
- 12Arrange pecan halves evenly around edge.
- 13Bake at 325° for 50 minutes in a water bath.
- 14Turn off oven, and let cheesecake stand in oven 1 hour.
- 15Remove to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- 16Chill at least 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- 17Note: Baking in a water bath means that you set the cheesecake in a roasting pan filled with about an inch of water.
- 18The foil should keep the water out.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.6
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 379.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g