Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is absolutely to-die-for!!! Once you try this delicious cake, you will want to make it again and again!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- Combine cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter together; set aside 2/3 cup of this batter.
- Spread the rest into a greased and floured 9 by 13-inch baking pan and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Mix reserved 2/3 cup batter with syrup, 3 eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour this filling on top of crust and cook for 50 to 60 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or until set.
I tried this and it was so good!!!! I substituted regular pancake syrup for the KARO as I do in all recipes that call for KARO and my family and coworkers went nuts. I will definately make this again and again. Super simple and no fail. GREAT RECIPE. I could eat the whole pan by myself. It is better the next day after it sets and all of the flavors mix and mingle.
Kind of reminds me of dump cake. It was a little too sweet for me.
I have made this recipe using both yellow and a chocolate cake mixes. The yellow make a prettier presentation, showing the layers. The chocolate wasn't as pretty, but it tasted good. I didn't have any problem cutting and serving these bars.