1/1 Photo of Pecan Pie Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This is a delicious, moist pie/cake. It doesn't resemble a cake in texture. The only sense you can get that there's cake mix in here comes from the slightly cakey flavor. I found it in The Cake Mix Doctor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 517.37 g yellow cake mix (I used one with pudding mix in it)
- 118.32 ml butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 354.88 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml chopped pecans (the original recipe said to toast the pecans, but I didn't)
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Mix together cake mix, melted butter, and 1 egg. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes. The batter will be very thick - more like cookie dough. Reserve 2/3 cup of batter.
- 3Pat remaining batter in bottom of 13x9 inch pan.
- 4Bake for about 15 minutes or until crust is light brown and puffs up. Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- 5Mix together reserved batter, corn syrup, brown sugar, remaining 3 eggs, and vanilla. Blend on low for 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula. Mix at medium speed until well combined and blended. There will first be little chunks of the cake mix batter. Mix well until those chunks disappear.
- 6Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- 7Pour mixture on top of partially cooked batter and smooth it out with a spatula. Return pan to oven.
- 8Bake cake until edges are brown but cetner is still a bit soft - 40-45 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and cook on a rack for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pie Cake
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g