Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yum!! This is from "The Cake Mix Doctor" By Ann Byrn.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cake mix, butter, and 1 egg in large mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well combined and thick. Measure out 2/3 cup batter and set aside. Pat the remaining batter into the bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan and place in the oven.
- Bake until the crust is light brown and puffs up, 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Place the reserved crust mixture, corn syrup, dark brown sugar, remaining 3 eggs, and vanilla in same large mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop machine and scrape down sides of bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat until batter is well combined and the crust mixture has blended, 1 minute more, scraping sides down again, if needed. Fold in the pecans until they are well distributed.
- Pour the pecan mixture on top of the crust mixture, smoothing it out with a spatula. Return the pan to the oven.
- Bake cake until edges are browned but the center is still a little soft, 40-45 minutes. Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
I found this recipe to be easy to make. I didnt have dark brown sugar so i used light brown. It worked fine. we all give it 5 stars. Taste just like pecan pie. AWESOME RECIPE!!!!!!!!!!