Recipe by Mom2Rose
Care for a slice of brownie? Everything you love about pecan pie is baked on a rich fudgy brownie!
Top Review by Elmotoo
Not quite what I was expecting... i thought it would be REALLY sweet but, no! My brownies were cakey, not fudgy? I did use a bag of mix from the big box from Costco so I'm not sure the size. Perhaps I should have just followed the directions on the box? I did add a squirt of chocolate syrup, lol. The pecan pie 'filling' got SO THICK when it got bubbly. Therefore, it was impossible to spread so I just dropped blobs as evenly as I could. It came out with this cool marbled effect that dh especially liked. Made for Aussie Swap 3/13.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups very coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (19 ounce) packagebetty crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Grease (or use cooking spray) bottom of 13x9-inch rectangular pan.
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan; stir in flour until smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and 2 eggs until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and 3 eggs in medium bowl, using spoon, until well blended.
- Spread in pan.
- Spoon pecan mixture evenly over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean.
- Cool completely.
- For 36 brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Store tightly covered.