1/1 Photo of Pecan Pie Bars With Shortbread Crust
One of my favorite bars, this works well also with walnuts! The shortbread crust is light and buttery, make certain to make the crust only on a processor, mixing by hand will produce a harder textured crust, also make certain to pour the topping over the crust when it is hot out of the oven, so prepare the topping while the crust is baking, the filling takes only minutes to make! Yield is only estimated depending on size of bars. Cooking time is for both crust and topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces (no subs!)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
FILLING or TOPPING
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees, set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 3For the crust: In a processor blend all ingredients until mixture begins to form small clumps.
- 4Sprinkle the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- 5Lightly press the mixture down with a spatula (do not pat down too much).
- 6Bake in the second-lowest oven rack for 20 minutes until golden.
- 7Meanwhile prepare the filling/topping: In a heavy saucepan melt butter and stir in brown sugar, honey and whipping cream; simmer mixture for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- 8Stir in chopped pecans.
- 9Pour the pecan mixture over hot shortbread crust and spread evenly in the pan.
- 10Bake on the second-lowest oven rack for about 20-22 minutes.
- 11Cool completely in the pan.
- 12*NOTE* these bars will cut better if refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pie Bars With Shortbread Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 137.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g