Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Love pecan pie? Get the same rich flavor in a bar cookie with only a few minutes of preparation. This recipe courtesy of www.bettycrocker.com.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all Crust ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir all Pecan Filling ingredients until well blended.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- ***Cook time does not include cooling completely for 2 hours.