MA HIKER's Note:
These are so amazingly delicious! I make them at Thanksgiving each year and even though they are so rich, they go very quickly. The secret to the great flavor is toasting the pecans - it makes a huge difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the pecans in a food processor.
- 2Roast in a jelly roll pan in 350 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Watch carefully do not let burn.
- 4Take out and let cool.
- 5Whiz the next four ingredients in a food processor until it forms small lumps.
- 6Spread into a 13 by 9 inch pan and press into an even layer with a spatula (or your fingers).
- 7Bake in a 350 degree oven until it is just starting to color, about 20 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the brown sugar, honey and cream.
- 9Simmer for a minute and stir in the nuts.
- 10Pour over the hot shortbread base and return to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- 11Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 34.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g