Recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
I got this from a small "karo" cookbook. it is delicious. the recipe says to cool completely, but we found out that it taste better, when it is slightly warm. my husband could not wait to try it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Karo light corn syrup or 1 1⁄2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (I used splenda)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- mix flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt with an electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- press firmly and evenly into a greased (15x10 inch) jelly roll pan.
- bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- beat eggs, syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- stir in pecans.
- pour over hot crust.
- spread evenly.
- bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees until filling is firm around edges and slightly firm in center.
- cool completely on wire rack before cutting.