1 hr 5 mins
I got this from a small "karo" cookbook. it is delicious. the recipe says to cool completely, but we found out that it taste better, when it is slightly warm. my husband could not wait to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Karo light corn syrup or 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (I used splenda)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2mix flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt with an electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3press firmly and evenly into a greased (15x10 inch) jelly roll pan.
- 4bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- 6beat eggs, syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- 7stir in pecans.
- 8pour over hot crust.
- 9spread evenly.
- 10bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees until filling is firm around edges and slightly firm in center.
- 11cool completely on wire rack before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.6
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 228.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 42.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g