Recipe by mag05
This is a wonderful recipe. We have tried several and always come back to this one. It is from an old church cookbook. They keep in the refrig for weeks!!
Top Review by Connie Lea
Charlotte is right - no way will these last two weeks. There are only two of us, but we've already made a dent in the pan. I'm thinking I better get out and walk. These are really, really good.
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups white corn, sryup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients for the crust.
- Cut in the cold butter until crumbly.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10x15x1 ungreased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 min or until set.
- While the crust is baking, mix ingredients for filling except pecans.
- When it is well mixed, stir in pecans.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center is set. Like a pecan pie.
- Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars and store in the refrig until serving.