Recipe by 4-H Mom
If you like pecan pie, you will love these bars. Recipe from my sister.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Followed your recipe right on down, although I did toast the pecans & thought that intensified the nut flavor very nicely! The bars are extremely easy to prepare & a delightful treat! Definitely a winner this time of year! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current Let's P-A-R-T-Y! event]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package toffee pieces
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press firmly into a greased 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat milk, egg, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in toffee chips and pecans, spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, cut into bars.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.