Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so good and made with a cake mix.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all Crust ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir all Pecan Filling ingredients until well blended. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 15 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 4, bake 20 minutes.
These are just heavenly. Easy to make and they satisfy anyone's sweet tooth who loves pecan pie. The sugar cookie crust is just perfect with these bars. I will be making these again.
Easy and good.