Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are delicious and a blue ribbon winner at our County Fair!
Make and share this Pecan Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut up
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" pan.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in 3/4 butter thoroughly with a pastry blender (or fork) until mixture resembles very fine crumbs.
- Press mixture evenly into a greased pan, using a piece of plastic wrap to press crumb mixture firmly in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten eggs (to temper eggs); add to remaining hot mixture.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour filling over baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into desired size bars.