Recipe by jneen
This recipe is not quite as sweet as some. I have been baking these at Thanksgiving and Christmas for 15+ years.
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
This pie gets 5 stars as it was completely enjoyed by those who tried it. I personally found it way to rich for my taste, but that is how I have felt with any pecan pie in the past. The only change I made to this recipe was to make my own crust. Made it for last wkend and already my DDL is asking for another one to be made. Thanks for an easy and quick-to-fix recipe!
- 1 9 inch pie shell, in pan
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (or margarine; I use butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325 arrange pecans in rings in bottom of pie shell In a large bowl: blend sugar, flour and salt mix in milk and vanilla beat in eggs one at a time mix in butter a little at a time pour mixture over pecans in pie shell; pecans will float up Bake 1hour 15 minutes or until golden& puffy Note: I sometimes use 2 frozen 8" pie shells (not deep dish) and increase pecans to 2 cups.
- One cup of pecans per pie shell.
- If you make two pies out of the above recipe be sure to cut back on baking time to about 45 minutes.