Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Food Network. Very rich!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves, 3/4 cup of those chopped
- Ease dough into 9" pie plate. Position oven rack in the lower third of oven. Put a baking sheet on the rack and preheat to 450. Make the filling: Whisk vanilla, eggs, corn syrup, sugar, vinegar and salt in bowl. Slowly mix in butter. Spread chopped pecans in bottom of pie crust, and pour filling over. Top with remaining 3/4 cup pecan halves. Place pie on hot baking sheet, reduce oven temp to 350 and bake until crust is golden 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cover entire top of pie with foil, then continue baking until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Discard foil, cool completely on rack.