- 9 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves (heaping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pie crust. In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour filling into pie crust and top with pecan halves.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. If using an electric oven you might have to add 15 to 20 minutes to the baking time. In either case, test with a toothpick after 45 minutes.
- If crust appears to be getting too brown, cover with foil for remaining baking time.