Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 9 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves (heaping)
- Prepare pie crust. In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour filling into pie crust and top with pecan halves.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. If using an electric oven you might have to add 15 to 20 minutes to the baking time. In either case, test with a toothpick after 45 minutes.
- If crust appears to be getting too brown, cover with foil for remaining baking time.
Absolutely delicious!!! I couldn't believe how easy this is. My family thought I slaved over the stove all morning to make this pie. Thanks for posting. Made and enjoyed for Thanksgiving dinner 2009.
This was an easy and awesome pie. I highly recommend it to any who has never made a pie before. I did use a pre-frozen pie (thawed). I'll keep this recipe! Thanks for posting this recipe Patrick!
Very good recipe-and easy too!! My family ate the whole thing in one day!