- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Add the dates, flour and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the molasses, melted margarine and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour into a pie shell (works nicely with Bran Cereal Pie Crust #42480) and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool the pie before cutting and serving.
- Try it with vanilla ice-cream!