Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy for even those hard to please. For extra tasty pie toast the pecans on a baking sheet to bring out the crunchiest, nuttiest taste.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups pecans, shelled and toasted
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven: 325°.
- Allow butter to soften at room temperature.
- Mix sugar and flour.
- Cream butter with sugar and flour mixture.
- Add corn syrup and eggs; beat with mixer until frothy.
- Add salt, vanilla, and pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes at 325°.
- Serve with the freshest caramel ice cream you can find.