Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A less sweet version of traditional southern style pecan pie.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and melted butter.
- Add beaten eggs and pecans to sugar mixture.
- Mix well an dpour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
We like a pie that is a bit "less sweet" than the usual pecan pie recipe. Not only is it less cloying, but it pairs so well with one of our favorite dessert wines - the Inniskkillin Icewine - which is an absolute slice of heaven when paired with pecan or apple pies. And though it's a bit pricey, it's far less expensive than German ice wines, which is an important factor in today's economy.
Great recipe, we all enjoyed it