Recipe by Hag chef
This is an excellent recipe I got from a friend. A very good salad!
Top Review by MixingItAllUp
We used goat cheese on ours. The salad was incredibly delicious, however there was too much oil, so I cut it back to 1/3 c. and upped the cider vinegar to 4 T. to enhance the flavor of the dressing. I glazed the pecans as we love them that way, and it helped sweeten the salad slightly. This was a salad fit for the Queen of Sheba!
- 2 tablespoons fresh raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 7 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2⁄3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta or 1⁄3 cup blue cheese (2 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Press raspberries through a sieve, reserving juice.
- Discard seeds.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper and reserved raspberry juice; shake well.
- Toss pear slices with lemon juice; drain.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, pecans and raspberries.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing.