1 hr 20 mins
A great way to use fall fruit! This is lovely with an icing sugar glaze. Serve as a breakfast bread or toasted with vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Combine the sugar and oil in a large bowl and beat well with an electric mixer for best results.
- 4Add eggs and beat well.
- 5Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- 6Sift together the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 7Beat into the sour cream mixture in 2 lots.
- 8Stir in pears, pecans and lemon peel.
- 9Scrape into loaf pan and level off the top.
- 10Bake for 1 hour and test with a toothpick in the center.
- 11If done, remove and let cool on a rack for 20 minutes.
- 12Turn out onto rack and cool completly.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pear Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1056 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3625.3
- Calories from Fat 1724
- Total Fat 191.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 401.9 mg
- Sodium 2619.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 443.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.0 g
- Sugars 230.3 g
- Protein 48.0 g