Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from a Pillsbury recipe card book. These are a nice chocolatey change of pace for breakfast. The pecans give a nice little crunch to the pancakes.
- 1 cup maple syrup you can also use maple flavored pancake syrup
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In 1qt nonstick saucepan, heat syrup and hot fudge topping over medium heat until warm, stirring until smooth.
- Keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar,baking powder, baking soda,salt and pecans.
- Beat in buttermilk, eggs and butter with a spoon until blended.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Grease griddle with butter.
- For each pancake pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top and edges look dry.
- Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
- Serve with warm syrup.