1 hr 5 mins
A spectacular special occasion breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
My Private Note
5inch p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- warmed real maple syrup
- whipped cream
- 1Add the pecans and sugar to a food processor; finely chop; set aside.
- 2Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add the pecan mixture; stir to combine.
- 4In another mixing bowl, add the milk, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla; whisk to combine.
- 5Add liquid mixture to the flour mixture; stir just until blended.
- 6In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.
- 7Gently fold egg whites into the batter just until blended.
- 8Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- 9Spray with non-stick cooking spray of brush with a thin film of vegeteble oil.
- 10Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet for each pancake.
- 11Lower heat to medium-low.
- 12Cook until the tops are covered with small bubbles and the bottoms are lightly browned.
- 13Flip pancake and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side.
- 14Repeat with remaining batter.
- 15For the Buttered Pecans: Melt the butter in a medium skillet.
- 16Add the pecans to the skillet; stir continuously and cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 17Spoon the warm pecans over the pancakes.
- 18Serve with warmed real maple syrup and a dollop of real whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pancakes with Buttered Pecans and Warm Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (890 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.7
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g