Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
A spectacular special occasion breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
Make and share this Pecan Pancakes with Buttered Pecans and Warm Maple Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- warmed real maple syrup
- whipped cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Add the pecans and sugar to a food processor; finely chop; set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pecan mixture; stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, add the milk, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla; whisk to combine.
- Add liquid mixture to the flour mixture; stir just until blended.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into the batter just until blended.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray of brush with a thin film of vegeteble oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet for each pancake.
- Lower heat to medium-low.
- Cook until the tops are covered with small bubbles and the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Flip pancake and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- For the Buttered Pecans: Melt the butter in a medium skillet.
- Add the pecans to the skillet; stir continuously and cook for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon the warm pecans over the pancakes.
- Serve with warmed real maple syrup and a dollop of real whipped cream.
Oh my word! I made these tonight for a quick and different supper for myself and hubby, and we both thought we had died and gone to Heaven! This recipe is a keeper!