Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pockets of cream cheese await inside this sugar-crusted pull-apart bread. Made with refrigerated biscuits.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 (6 ounce) tubes Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 16 squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease a Bundt pan.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Separate biscuit dough into individual biscuits and gently separate the biscuits in half.
- Place a cream cheese square between the two halves, pinch sides to seal each back together.
- Dip in melted butter, and dredge in reserved sugar mixture.
- Stand biscuits on edge in prepared bundt pan, spacing evenly. Drizzle with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- ORANGE GLAZE:.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice, stir well.
- Drizzle over warm bread.
- Serve immediately.
Signature breakfast bread at the Belle Oaks Inn, Texas. Fab!!
I was actually searching Zaar to see if this recipe was already posted, because I was going to post it if it wasn't. Even better, now all I have to do is review it. This is such a good sweet bread, I don't know how it's gone so long without any reviews! With the canned biscuits, it's super simple to put together, too. This is a lovely Sunday morning breakfast pastry, or a nice addition to a casual brunch table. The pockets of cream cheese are a nice surprise when you bite into it, and the orange flavor is really refreshing. I haven't made this in such a long time because I had lost the recipe and forgotten about it, but now I'm craving it again. Thanks for posting!