Full of lovely pecans.
My Private Note
-18 muf ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F and grease muffin tin.
- 2Spread pecans out on a baking sheet and place in the oven for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown and fragrant.
- 3Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- 4In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until uniform; set aside.
- 5In another larger bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten; then whisk in the brown sugar and maple syrup for about 2 minutes or until thick and pale brown.
- 6Whisk in the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- 7Chop the cooled nuts and stir them into the batter; then stir in the flour mixture until incorporated (do not overmix).
- 8Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until tops are rounded and lightly browned and a pick comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- 10Place pan on wire rack to cool 10 minutes.
- 11Gently rock muffins back and forth to release and remove from tin.
- 12Cool muffins on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 13•Pecan Cherry Muffins: add 2/3 cup dried cherries with the chopped pecans.
- 14•Pecan Cranberry Muffins: add 2/3 cup dried cranberries with the chopped pecans.
- 15•Pecan Peanut Butter Muffins: add 2/3 cup peanut butter chips with the chopped pecans.
- 16•Pecan Raisin Muffins: add 2/3 cup raisins with the chopped pecans.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (837 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 347.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g