Zinnia's chef's Note:
This is a little something I whipped up for my husband one year for Thanksgiving. I was working over time and we didn't have enough money for a whole turkey so this was the best alternative I could come up with. It took little time and cost less than that big ol' turkey. My Husband loves it! I hope you enjoy it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 skinless boneless turkey breasts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (real maple syrup is best)
- 1 (6 ounce) box herb stuffing mix or 1 (6 ounce) box prepared stuffing, made from scratch. i use stove top stuffing mix. also be sure you have all ingredients called for on
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (walnuts are also delish!)
- 1 chopped apple, with peal (you can also use dried cranberries or chopped dried apricot)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Mix the stuffing per directions on the box.
- 3Mix in half of the pecans and all of the fruit.
- 4Place stuffing evenly in a small casserole dish.
- 5Place turkey breasts on top of the stuffing evenly spaced. (I find it is best if the stuffing is not completely covered by the turkey so some of the stuffing can get toasted while cooking).
- 6Drizzle the maple syrup over the turkey breast.
- 7Sprinkle the rest of the pecans over the turkey first and whatever is left sprinkle over the exposed stuffing.
- 8Place in the oven and bake for 30-45 mins or until the meat is no longer pink.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Maple Turkey or Chicken Breast on Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1112.2
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 242.6 mg
- Sodium 1391.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 108.8 g