Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a little something I whipped up for my husband one year for Thanksgiving. I was working over time and we didn't have enough money for a whole turkey so this was the best alternative I could come up with. It took little time and cost less than that big ol' turkey. My Husband loves it! I hope you enjoy it too.
- 2 skinless boneless turkey breasts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (real maple syrup is best)
- 1 (6 ounce) box herb stuffing mix or 1 (6 ounce) box prepared stuffing, made from scratch. i use stove top stuffing mix. also be sure you have all ingredients called for on
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans (walnuts are also delish!)
- 1 chopped apple, with peal (you can also use dried cranberries or chopped dried apricot)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix the stuffing per directions on the box.
- Mix in half of the pecans and all of the fruit.
- Place stuffing evenly in a small casserole dish.
- Place turkey breasts on top of the stuffing evenly spaced. (I find it is best if the stuffing is not completely covered by the turkey so some of the stuffing can get toasted while cooking).
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the turkey breast.
- Sprinkle the rest of the pecans over the turkey first and whatever is left sprinkle over the exposed stuffing.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-45 mins or until the meat is no longer pink.
Didn't need all of the maple syrup, but ....Easy. Quick. Tastes great.