Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best presented in one loaf!
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml butter
- 88.74 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml milk
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 73.94 ml maple syrup
- 88.74 ml icing sugar (optional)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (optional)
- 29.58 ml of roughly chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven, grease& line the base of a 9x5 loaf pan with baking/parchment paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Cut butter into the flour and mix until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the sugar and pecans.
- Beat eggs together with milk and lemon zest in a seperate bowl.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Add this to the flour mixture and gently mix together.
- Do not overmix, only until all dry ingredients have become moist.
- The batter should be lumpy.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth out the surface of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 50-60 minutes or until cake is lightly browned.
- To make sure, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- Cool cake in pan for at least 10 minutes then turn out and let it cool on the rack.
- (For Icing) Sift the icing sugar into a small bowl and stir in the lemon juice to create a smooth icing.
- Drizzle over the loaf and then sprinkle the chopped pecans over the icing.
- Wait until the icing is set then slice.
I'm not seeing a temperature to bake this at. :( Can someone help?
This was a very nice flavoured loaf. The size of the loaf was perfect in my loaf tin, and I don't recommend doubling it as another person suggested. The maple and pecan flavours were just right. Thank you! My quilting group raved about it.
This was a nice loaf.I didn't find it had quite enough maple taste for my liking.It also seemed that there wasn't enough batter.It did not rise very much.Next time I think I will double the recipe to make a larger loaf.