1/2 Photos of Pecan Maple Loaf
1 hr 20 mins
The best presented in one loaf!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1Preheat oven, grease& line the base of a 9x5 loaf pan with baking/parchment paper.
- 2Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- 3Cut butter into the flour and mix until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- 4Add in the sugar and pecans.
- 5Beat eggs together with milk and lemon zest in a seperate bowl.
- 6Stir in maple syrup.
- 7Add this to the flour mixture and gently mix together.
- 8Do not overmix, only until all dry ingredients have become moist.
- 9The batter should be lumpy.
- 10Pour batter into pan and smooth out the surface of the batter.
- 11Bake in the oven for about 50-60 minutes or until cake is lightly browned.
- 12To make sure, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- 13Cool cake in pan for at least 10 minutes then turn out and let it cool on the rack.
- 14(For Icing) Sift the icing sugar into a small bowl and stir in the lemon juice to create a smooth icing.
- 15Drizzle over the loaf and then sprinkle the chopped pecans over the icing.
- 16Wait until the icing is set then slice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Maple Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of