Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from an old church cookbook of my Mother's from the 1940's. It's a delicious, chewy cookie.
- Mix shortening and sugars, then add eggs.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together well.
- Mixture will be very stiff.
- Add coconut, pecans, oatmeal and vanilla.
- Roll into small balls the size of a walnut.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.