Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Martha Stewart's Holiday Cookies 2005.
- 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar, sifted, plus more for dusting
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F Using food processor, finely grind pecans and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- Using electric mixer, mix butter and icing sugar on medium, until pale and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and half of pecans, mix until just combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into 2" long logs. Roll logs in remaining pecans. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 1" apart.
- Bake cookies about 14-15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Cookies should be pale golden and slightly cracked.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Sift icing sugar over cookies before serving.
This is the perfect cookie to have with tea and coffee. Buttery, and not overly sweet. Impressive looking too on the cookie tray. I received these from Az G, my partner in the 2008 Holiday Cookie Swap.