Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These taste just like the fresh made ones in Charleston South Carloina
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pecan praline liqueur
- Combine sugars,salt and milk.
- Cook to soft ball stage.
- Add pecans and liqueur.
- Beat until stiff (a min. or so).
- Drop quickly onto wax paper.
I'm not sure what I did wrong...I cooked to 240 degrees, but the white sugar did not dissolve. The final product was gritty with sugar.