From Bon Appetit, December 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml light corn syrup
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml coarsely ground pecans (about 4 ounces)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1For cookies:.
- 2Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F
- 3Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Stir butter, sugar, and corn syrup in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 4Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in flour.
- 7Add nuts and vanilla; stir to combine.
- 8Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- 9Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until bubbling and lightly browned, about 11 minutes.
- 10Cool on sheets 10 minutes.
- 11Transfer to rack; cool completely.
- 12For filling:.
- 13Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- 14Spread 1 teaspoon filling onto bottom of 1 cookie.
- 15Top with second cookie, bottom side down, pressing lightly to adhere.
- 16Repeat with remaining cookies.
- 17(Can be made 2 days ahead. Store between sheets of waxed paper in airtight container at room temperature.)
- 18***Cook time does not include cooling time of 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Lace Sandwich Cookies With Orange Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g