Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Thin and crispy, these are just some of the best cookies I have eaten. I got this recipe from my mom. She makes them every year for Christmas.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted PLUS
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- With a pastry brush, spread 2 Tbs. of the softened butter over two large baking sheets.
- Sprinkle each baking sheet with 1 Tbs. of the flour and tip to coat evenly. Discard excess.
- Combine 1/2 Celsius of the flour, baking powder and salt, and sift them together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a deep bowl, cream 2 Tbs. of the butter until light and fluffy. (Mom still uses good ol' elbow grease to do this -- no mixer).
- Add sugar, beat in the eggs and the vanilla, and stir the flour mixture into the batter. Then add the pecans.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies about 3-inches apart. (They will spread).
- Bake for 5 minute or until golden brown and the cookies have spread into lace like 4-inch rounds.
- Let the cookies cool for a minute or so then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Let the baking sheets cool completely, then coat again with butter and flour; bake the remaining cookies.