24 hrs 50 mins
A lovely danish usually made for special occasions since it does take a lot of time to make (chilling). This recipe comes from "Cooks Country" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening, cut into 1/2 inch pieces and chilled
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1In a food processor, process brown sugar, pecans, and salt until pecans are coarsely ground; add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal; transfer to a bowl.
- 2Prepare the dough by adding flour, sugar, yeast, salt, butter and shortening to the food processor; pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal; transfer to another bowl.
- 3Stir in sour cream so that it forms a dough.
- 4Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide in half; pat each half into a 7 in x 3 in rectangle.
- 5Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 minutes; place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- 6Remove dough half from freezer and roll out to a 28 in x 5 in rectangle.
- 7Cover half the dough (lengthwise) with half the filling, then fold over and pinch edges to seal; shape into an oval by inserting ends into each other and pinching to seal.
- 8Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 4 to 12 hours.
- 9Repeat with other half.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; brush each danish with the egg and bake until golden brown, about 40 to 50 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking.
- 11Cool 30 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and mix well.
- 13Drizzle glaze over danish and let set for 10 minutes.
- 14Serve warm or room temperature.
- 15Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Kringle
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.7
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 174.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g