Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe given to me by a friend quite some time ago.....if my memory serves me right, I believe that this recipe won a prize in a baking contest, although I can't be sure.....I have never tryed making these with other kinds of jam, although it would probably be great! also, they freeze good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup pecans, coarsley chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar (for garnish)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8-in square baking dish.
- FOR CRUST: Mix butter, sugar and flour until crumbly.
- Press into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 mins; remove, spread with jam.
- FOR TOPPING: Beat eggs, brown sugar, vanilla.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, add to egg mixture and beat well; add chopped pecans.
- Spread over jam.
- Bake 25 mins longer.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Cut into squares.