Recipe by Semra22
Beautiful rich, moist cake with a very delicious blend of flavorings. For any special occasion, or just as a nice dessert.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden seedless raisins
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Stir in lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Combine raisins, pecans and 1/4 cup of the flour.
- Combine remaining flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold into creamed mixture, alternating with nut mixture.
- Spoon into greased and floured 10 inch bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Heat 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 1/4 cup sugar over low heat till the sugar is dissolved, and pour over the warm cake. Dust with icing sugar if desired.