Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Graham crackers covered with a buttery coating and pecans.....break apart like brittle and enjoy. Your guests will never believe they are made from crackers and your kids will love them!
- 8 graham crackers (1 pkg out of the box)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves (or chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13 pan with foil. Place graham crackers flat inside pan, covering as much as possible even if you have to break some.
- Place pecans over crackers. I like to chop mine up a bit, but you can just use halves if you like.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, place butter and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 4 minutes. Remove and pour over nuts and crackers, covering completely.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Mixture will be bubbly when you remove it. Allow to cool enough to touch then peel out foil from pan so they can cool quicker. Once cooled, break apart, and enjoy. A great snack or gift. Use cinnamon coated graham's if you like that extra flavor.
I made these for (PAC) Pick~A~Chef Fall 2007. This 1st time they didn't harden, but still tasted great. I made them again and cut the margarine to 1/2 cup (1 stick) and they turn out much better. DH and DD loved them. I would have gave 5 stars for taste, but only gave 4 stars because I had to adjust the recipe.