Recipe by Aroostook
Posting this for a Zaar friend who needs low sugar recipes but loves coconut! Hope she can tweak this for her dessert recipes.
Top Review by luvn-n-the-oven
i really liked the flavor of this crust, but mine didn't hold together at all. i followed the directions exactly, so i can't imagine what went wrong....maybe more butter would hold it together?
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place graham cracker crumbs, pecans and coconut flakes on a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove the crumb mixture and let cool.
- In medium bowl, melt butter in microwave, about 30 seconds depending on your microwave.
- Add crumb mixture to butter and mix together well making sure butter is well incorporated.
- Use as crust for your favorite cheesecake, torte or cream pie.