Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a different and yummy salad dressing. Prep time includes toasting the pecans.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 10 pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until mixture is smooth.
- Chill before serving; makes enough to dress one large salad.
- I recommend a salad of romaine lettuce, orange slices (fresh or tinned mandarins), sliced green onions and perhaps some thinly sliced raw mushrooms.
This dressing is great! Served it with spinach, strawberries, goat cheese and pecans. Hubby and I both loved it! We will make it again when we have guests over.
Yum! I did this 1 part vinegar to 1 part olive oil, but kept the other proportions the same. I mixed this up in the blender instead of the food processor. It came out very creamy and tasty, a nice departure from our usual vinegar & oil. Will make again!
This was really different, but tasty! If you are looking for something a little different and sweet, try it. I used it on a plain salad of romaine and onion slices.