Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is easy to make and comes out great.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe preferred)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch pan.
- Prepare cake following package directions, pour batter into pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For frosting, combine butter, milk and cocoa in medium size saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla,stirring until smooth.
- Stir in pecans, pour over warm cake.
- Cool completely.