Recipe by grandma2969
my husband's favorite cake...I sometime use leftover cold coffee in place of water called for in original cake mix...this is a good tip with any chocolate cake..adds just a little mocha flavor..
- 19 1⁄4 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease 15 1/2x 10 1/2 x 1" pan.jelly roll pan. Set aside.
- Prepare cake mi following package directions for original recipe.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- FOR FROSTING:.
- place butter, milk, cocoa in medium saucepan.
- Stir on low heat until butter is melted.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over warm cake.
- Cool completely.