1/2 Photos of Pecan Fruitcake Squares (Or Any Nut You Prefer)
Every bite of these squares tempts with winning fruitcake flavors-candied fruit, brandy and crunchy nuts. This is from Chatelaine.com.
My Private Note
2inch s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml rum (optional) or 59.14 ml brandy (optional)
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter (I just use regular butter and decrease the salt.)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml flour
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt (depending if using salted butter or unsalted)
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml corn syrup
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml pecan halves (or a combination) or 473.18 ml almonds (or a combination) or 473.18 ml walnuts (or a combination)
- 236.59 ml chopped candied fruit
- 1Place raisins and rum, (I use apricot brandy but any flavor would do) in a small microwaveable bowl.
- 2Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute to warm raisins so they will soak up brandy.
- 3Stir, then set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer or spoon, beat butter with sugar until creamy.
- 6Beat in vanilla.
- 7In another bowl, use a fork to blend 2 1/4 cups flour with salt.
- 8Gradually stir into butter mixture (it will be dry) Press into ungreased 10X15-inch jelly roll pan.
- 9Bake in center of oven until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- 11Add corn syrup, brown sugar,and the last 2 tablespoons of flour; stir until mixed.
- 12Stir in raisins and any remaining brandy, nuts and candied fruit.
- 13Spread over partially baked warm crust, evenly distributing nuts and fruit.
- 14Bake in center of oven until it starts to set in the middle, from 20-25 minutes.
- 15I find 20-22 minutes is usually enough.
- 16Set pan on rack to cool, then cut into bars.
- 17Store in a covered container in a cool dry place, they will keep well for at least a week and can be frozen.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Fruitcake Squares (Or Any Nut You Prefer)
Serving Size: 1 (1482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 28.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: