Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious Pecan cookies Southern USA Cuisine style.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour a little at a time, then stir in pecans.
- Taking about 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie, shape into a roll about 2" long, as even as possible in shape.
- Place on baking sheets about 2-inches apart, and bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms.
- Cool completely and drizzle with chocolate glaze, if desired.