Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dulche de Leche is to South Americans what Peanut Butter is to North Americans. You can find it in the international aisles in your grocery store or you can make it from scratch
- In large bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy; beat in egg yolk, vanilla and salt.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup of the pecans and coconut; stir into butter mixture in 2 additions to make smooth dough.
- Divide dough in half; form each into 1-1/2-inch (4 cm) wide log. Roll each in remaining pecans, pressing to adhere to dough. Wrap each log and refrigerate for 1 hour or for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Cut logs into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. Arrange 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheets.
- Bake in oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
- Spread bottoms of half of the cookies with about 1/2 tsp dulce de leche each. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches.
Incredibly delicious!! Make sure you slice them pretty thin.We made some thin ones and some thicker ones and the thicker ones were to hard, still delicious,but difficult to bit into them.