Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Family holiday favorite since I was a little girl (a long time ago). These are easy and so good.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 10 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat over to 325.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until delicate brown color.
- If you like dust lightly with powdered sugar when cool.
These cookies are just delightful! Crisp and light and nutty! With just the right amount of sweetness! I have to admit, I didn't have any shortning, so I substituted corn oil, hoping it would turn out alright, and I was pleasantly surprised! I will be making these again for presents! Thanks!