Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These cookies are a Christmas favorite. My Mother was given this recipe from a neighbor, and has been a Christmas staple in our family ever since. Give this one a try you won't regret it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, flour, pecans and water. You might have to add a little extra water if mixture is too dry.
- After all ingredients are mixed, roll into small balls.
- Place balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- After cookies come out of oven, cover with powdered sugar; set aside.
- Cool completely.
- When cooled dust them with more powdered sugar.