Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
There's a ribbon of spiced pecan pieces running through the middle of this delectable cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped,toasted
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- For The Filling: In a small bowl combine pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir well, and set aside.
- For The Cake: Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Butter and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- Add the eggs, beating after each individual egg addition.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla, mix until well incorporated.
- Add half of the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Distribute filling evenly on top of the batter.
- Add the remaining batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting.
- If desired, dust with powdered sugar before serving.
This cake it utterly wonderful! I increased the filling mixture, it cake baked out nice and high. Thanks Evelyn!..Kitten:)