Recipe by Gigi
A delightful pie, as the name suggests. Great dessert and not too heavy. No one would ever believe much of the filler is saltine crackers, and it makes its own crust!
- 3 -4 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 25 -30 crushed soda crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites to foam.
- Add salt and cream of tartar.
- Beat to stiff peaks.
- Add vanilla extract and both sugars.
- Beat until consistency of 7 minute frosting.
- Fold in crackers and nuts.
- Grease bottom and sides of pyrex dish and add mixture to dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with Cool Whip or whipped cream when pie is completely cool, or slice and add topping on individual slices when serving.